Wednesday, February 23, 2022

A Christmas, A Birthday, and a Holiday Party

Blog Post About December 2021

Yes, this is what my friends here like to do.
They love to take pictures with different filters. 
I usually don't post things like this, but it keeps their anonymity and provides a little fun for you.

At the beginning of December, knowing things were going to be busy for the month, we decided to get together for breakfast. We met at my friend's house who doesn't believe in the truths of Christmas, but she loves to decorate for all holidays.







December 8,  2021

It's good that we took that day to be together, because even though I have seen one of the friends several times since then, my other friend has a fear of Omicron, her mother came to visit, and she has been busy with other things, so we still have yet to meet face to face again.


The next day, I was invited by Doug to join a birthday celebration at the language school that Doug oversees. I was a little late, and Doug called to tell me that 25+ people were all waiting on me to start (maybe because I'm the boss' wife)!  

I begged him to tell them to start, and thankfully they did.

The food was amazing, as you can see, but the best part of this story is that the gentleman who was throwing this party for himself, gave the bill to his boss, another American in the building. 
He had done it the year before as well.

I don't know why I get such a kick out of that story, but it really makes me smile.

December 9, 2021


That night, Karis, Keira, and I went to a local, fancy hotel to see some of Keira's friends sing in a Christmas performance.

I visited with many people and had such a good time, but I was in awe of the trays of wine, smoothies, hot cider, appetizers, and other array of things that came out of the kitchen continually that night. 

I had never seen certain items served like this in this country, and it caught me off-guard. 
It made me aware that there is another whole side of this city I have never seen.

Santa and his elves also made an appearance and gave every child in the hotel lobby a gift. 
It shows you how much of the world's culture has crept in here, because the reasons we celebrate Christmas are almost certainly foreign to them.































December 9, 2021 

No comments: