Monday, August 30, 2021

First Things, First

Blog Post about Summer 2020

I drove by myself to Dallas to pick up the crew when they flew in, and their flight was delayed just like ours had been. 

Since I had a lot of time to kill, I called my brother and his wife, and asked if I could hang out with them for awhile. We ended up going out for a great dinner and devised a plan of surprise.

My sister-in-law, Jen, and my nephew Nolan would come to the airport with me and hide while I videoed them disembarking. Caleb and Nolan are really close, so that was a special reunion.

Also, since it was now WAY too late to drive back the two hours to College Station, we all crashed on their floors and couches for the night while Karis was back in College Station with Keira, and she said they were fine.

Very quickly, the next morning, a plan came together to leave Caleb in Dallas with my brother's family for an untold amount of time. I was a little apprehensive because Caleb had grown so much, and I knew he really needed to go clothes shopping immediately. I didn't want to put that burden on my sister-in-law, but she took it on like a champ.

I got pictures in the stores and from their house of all of his new purchases, and I really can't thank her enough for all the places she took him to get him outfitted!








































July 1, 2020

And then, they took him out and fed him well!







































Nolan & Caleb, July 1, 2020

Then they entertained him and showed him a good time in America.







































And can you believe, we didn't see him for another MONTH!

In the meantime, we were all in College Station getting over jet lag.

Karis and I took Keira with us one day to get coffee at this little shop downtown.

The picture of it is below, and when we walked in, Keira said, "Wow! They really need to fix this place up. It is falling to pieces."

I guess this look isn't for everyone ;). Keira was a little nervous about walking in.






























July 2, 2020

We celebrated the first Fourth of July Keira could remember at a subdivision outside of town.

She was definitely not impressed. 

The fireworks were okay, but she couldn't get past the loud noises, so she ended up covering her ears the whole night.

Funny enough, one year later, in 2021, she and I celebrated the Fourth in Mississippi on the Bogue Chitto River, and we didn't last 3 minutes outside, before we went inside the cabin to get away from the noise.

Anybody else have kids like this? :)



Karis and her friend Emma reunited.
Emma flew overseas to see us February 2019.



Meanwhile, the messages on instagram from back home read: "Government offices will reopen at 30 percent capacity on Sunday to Wednesday from 9am to 1pm, with strict health instructions. This decision does NOT include the health department, police, Asayesh or security apparatus and service departments.

Other places including language teaching centers, public and private parks, children playground areas, cinemas, party halls, night clubs, bars, shisha venues, gyms, swimming pools, massage centers, and public baths are also to remain shut.

New measures are imposed until July 11 midnight."

I had no idea we had public baths.  Hmmmm.

No comments: