Monday, August 9, 2010

I've been promoted, Aug 6

I went to see the head mistress of the school where we "attend". Doug had his language class at that time, so I went alone.

I asked her opinion about moving to a first or second grade class, and she suggested second grade. I felt so successful.

She told me to talk to the Kindergarten teacher, and then she would also talk to the Kindergarten teacher after I left and then to all the 3rd grade teachers. It just so happens that the kids go on school holiday next week, so they are in the middle of exams right now. What that means is that I'm on school holiday, too.

When I report back on September 6th, I will be in 2nd grade!

Every time the teacher called me to the board in Kindergarten (and yes, that happened more than once), I always knew the answer. I guess I need to be challenged a little more.

I am by no means saying that I understood everything that went on in that class, but the children were only learning 4 to 7 words a day with flash cards, and I think if I'm going to bike to the school with my out-of-shape body huffing and puffing and sweating, I need to learn more than 7 words.

I'll let you know how 2nd grade goes when I'm done with my "holiday."

No comments: