Sunday, November 17, 2019

The Mountains are calling, and I must go

John Muir, a mountaineer in the 1800's known as the "Father of National Parks" said, "The mountains are calling, and I must go."

This is how my family feels every year after Christmas.  Usually, we have spent an entire year in the city, and when we see the mountains in the distance with the snow on top, we feel a calling to go.

Plus we were about to finalize our move in the next week, and we were all tired of packing.


We took all of our clothes and food for meals and snacks up the teleferic to the top of the mountain.

No cars are allowed.


Each morning, I would get up to see what beauty God was creating for me to enjoy.


Being above the clouds and watching them circle around the tops of the mountains does not get old.


In this panorama view, you can see the clouds in circling motion around the top of the mountain below us.








Sunsets were also worth stopping dead in our tracks to see God's handiwork.




Snow is always a delight for my raised-in-Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, and Africa children.






John Muir is also credited with saying, "In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks."

I concur.

No comments: