Thursday, January 27, 2022

Independence and a Zoo, Too

Blog Post About June 2021

The day we arrived back at our base, some of my sweet friends had planned a dinner party for me. These ladies still connect with me every other week over zoom to study the Word together.



One funny thing about that night is that I was having trouble finding out why one of my flights had been cancelled, and before the party I had been on hold with United for TWO HOURS and FIFTEEN MINUTES!  

I really do not like United, but that's a discussion for another day. 

When one of my friends saw me and hugged me, her cheek hit my earbud and disconnected my call. It was actually a blessing because it allowed me to enjoy my friends and stop being concerned with my flight for a little while.

The next day, I got a ride to meet my parents an hour away because they were bringing me a car to use for the rest of my time in America. Some sweet friends had already let me use their car for the first week I was in the States.

Two days later, we took off for Mississippi with Karis driving the whole seven hours.

The next day, we checked her into dance camp where she would stay for the next four weeks, and after one more night of sleep, we headed to a river camp with some friends to spend the Fourth of July. 

We had the best time!





Kylie had a week off as well, and she went to Ohio see a friend she had met at ballet camp years earlier.



Keira and I drove back to Texas to my parents' house on the 5th of July, but instead of taking us 7 hours, it took TEN.  Traffic and weather slowed us down considerably.  It's a good thing Keira is such a good traveler.  She talked to me the WHOLE ten hours ;)

We spent three nights with my parents again, and then headed to Doug's parents for three more nights with them. On the 9th, the weather was amazing, and we decided to go to the zoo.  

Keira has "Kenya" on her birth certificate, but she never got to experience the beauty of the wildlife there because she was so young when we left, so she was soaking it in (AND we got to see the big 5).


The giraffe with her giraffe shirt.






Happy birthday to Caleb today!
 

No comments: