Saturday, November 30, 2019

Tea Time Melting Pot

A group of ladies I know decided to start meeting each month for "tea" at different houses to encourage each other, share struggles, and bless each other in a land that none of us call home.  They are from Nicaragua, Columbia, Morocco, United States, Brazil, and a few places in between.

The first lady who volunteered to host is from South America, but she had lived most of her married life in Kuwait before moving here. She had a party planning business there, and as you can see from the pictures below, she really knew how to throw a party.

I asked where she had gotten all of her decorations, and she said she had friends ship them to her from all sorts of places.

She has collected and moved with more Christmas decorations than I've seen in any house in this country.  I was blown away at what she travelled here with, and all the decorations made me smile.





I know this might seem like nothing to you, but after living here for three Christmas' (2019 will be our fourth), this was really a jaw-dropping experience for me. (Remember, I live in a country where people barely acknowledge the holiday and do not decorate their homes for Christmas).





This is not pork sausage.  Don't worry.


This is a special dish from our hosts' South American country.


This was my beautiful spread :)


After lunch chit-chat.

January 8, 2019

No comments: