Saturday, December 28, 2019

A Mistake to Only Make Once


"I can breath where there is green.  Green grows hope.  
It keeps my heart beating and helps me remember who I am." 
- Courtney M. Privett, Faelost

While Doug and the girls were gone, an old gentleman knocked on our gate for work.  He told me he could cut our grass, and since we don't have a mower, I thought it would be a great gift for Doug on his return. 

I did not; however, know HOW he would cut the grass.

He kept asking me for a knife, but I didn't want him using my kitchen knives in the yard, and he wasn't satisfied with the one old one I brought out, so he turned and left, looking a little perturbed at me.

He returned about 10 minutes later with a shabby, short, sharp knife, and then he started "cutting."



Can you imagine cutting your yard like this???

Oh my goodness!

However, he cut it so close to the roots it ended up burning all the grass, and it died before summer even arrived.

April 5, 2019

Yep, that's a mistake I'll only make once.

He's come back three more times this year and tried to physically force his way into our gate, and we have to kind of push him out, declining as politely as we can at the same time.  🙅



I did manage to do some good things while they were gone, believe it or not.  Caleb (back left, behind the ball-handler) got to his soccer game and practices.

April 6, 2019

And I "inspired" Keira to clean her room,

April 9, 2019

so not a total loss, right?

(Merry Christmas, by the way!)

No comments: