Monday, November 15, 2021

Breakfast to Beautification / Valentines & First Day of School

Blog Post from February 2021

My friend invited me to breakfast one morning, but she had other things up her sleeve that I didn't know about.


After we finished breakfast and tea and more tea, she asked if I would like to go with her to her threading appointment.  

"Uuumm...ok."

As we walked into her salon, she said, "You should get your face done."

I was SO nervous, simply because I had never done it before, but I allowed the lady to thread me. 

I asked that she would only thread my forehead and eyebrows and not my cheeks.



My friend thought I should get my whole face done, but I giggled and laughed enough through what I did get done, that I'm pretty sure this nice lady was glad to be done with me.

As a side note, SO many women here get full body waxing/threading done each month. 

It is quite the booming business.


February 3, 2021

For Valentine's Day, Doug and I decided to try a new restaurant that had just opened. We went early enough that we didn't have to have a reservation, but we did get to take advantage of the live violin music and unique menu.

The menu was set (salmon or steak), and so we just got what they were serving.

This was our soup with cold vegetables on a piece of toasted bread.


This was my salmon with some dyed, red, crunchy, coral-looking, edible decoration.



Doug, on the other hand, had a black coral-like decoration stuck into red, heart-shaped mashed potatoes.

The food wasn't great, and we haven't been back, but it was definitely an interesting experience.


While we were in America, it was such a blessing that Keira's French school was online because the teacher recorded the classes every day, and Keira could listen to them all and keep up with work after she woke up each day.

When we returned in January, they were still online, but on February 15th, Keira went back for the first day in-person. As per tradition, we like to take the kids out for ice cream on the first day of school, so when Doug picked her up, even though it was freezing outside, they went for ice cream!

She ended up only going face-to-face three days a week, but it was certainly better than nothing!

 First Day Physically in 3rd Grade (February 15, 2021)

No comments: