Friday, November 26, 2021

Easter and Toilets

Blog Post About April 2021

I know it's Thanksgiving for you in America, but I've just gotten to Easter last spring.

For Easter 2021, we got together with a large group of Americans and we all brought dishes to share.

The house that hosted grilled a lot of chicken tikka for us, and there was more than enough to feed everyone!

April 4, 2021


Keira and a few kids had an Easter egg hunt in the house and the courtyard. 

The weather was nice, and we enjoyed a long afternoon together.

I don't know why I am going to show you this, but I took a picture of it because at the time, I was thinking, "Does this ever happen in America?"

Maybe it does.

Maybe this is what a lot of gas station restrooms look like.

But for here, this is pretty common. 

This is a toilet at the local medical clinic I went to for a check-up.


Can you see all the water dripping all over it?

I'm pretty sure this was not from a recent cleaning.


All the water on the seat, on the floor, on the top, etc is from the previous user. 

This culture likes to use a spray hose when they finish going to the bathroom, most of the time in lieu of toilet paper. 

It's rough being the person that follows this act because you have to do a lot of wiping down before you can use the apparatus.

I just thought I'd share.

April 5, 2021

And instead of ending on that note, here is a picture I took of Keira off of instagram of her dancing last spring.

April 11, 2021

No comments: