Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Too Much Food and Loud Noises

Blog Post About March 2021

A friend of mine wanted me to come over for lunch, and again, I realized what a horrible host I am in this culture. 

They make sure that they cover surfaces with all types of food. It might be something small, but I just wouldn't think of doing it.





Later that night, a couple invited Doug and I to eat with them at a hotel the man owns.

The food was incredible, and it JUST. KEPT. COMING! Our host said, "Do you want steak or seafood?" When we said it didn't matter to us, he ordered both plus SO many other things on the menu.

I basically consumed too much of that raw meat from Italy on the plate behind the nuts.

More of that story later.


Closer to midnight, our host told Doug and I to go sing with his lounge singer (think Kenny Rogers, John Denver).

My friend took videos that I grabbed these shots off of, but you can kind of see the guitar singer on the left, me in the middle, and Doug on the right.


Our host wanted to join in the fun so he went to the piano and played beautifully by ear, matching the guitar player. I think we sang 4 or 5 songs, and then I politely declined to sing anymore. 

Thankfully, only one couple was left in the restaurant that close to midnight!


When I got home, I did not feel so well. I got rid of most of what I had eaten that night (and I'll spare you the details) and I was sick for TWO days. Doug was also a little sluggish.

Every time I see them they say they want to go out again, but this time I will be a little more discretionary about what I eat :)

Three days after this dinner,  this is a message we received on our phones.

It made me smile that they were actually informing the city. 

We have heard bombs explode near the airport about 4 times this year, so I guess the powers that be know they need to let us know when a loud "pop" is actually supposed to happen.

No comments: