Sunday, November 21, 2021

Counters, Part II & III

Blog Post About February/March 2021 

Three days later (February 28) a gentleman returned with the glass for the crooked window frames that we didn't pick out.

I could hear this horrible, grating noise out on the patio, and I wondered what he was doing.



It turns out that NOT ONE of the panels fit, so he had to break the edges around each "glass" piece.






Two days after the "glass" cutting incident and 43 days after we had ordered the cabinets, some more men came to put in the counter.

I know that a lot of you who have home projects going with a lack of supplies/lumber in America can relate. Sometimes things are just slow!

What you can't see in this picture is that our blinds would not raise above the new lip of the counter, so Doug had to move the blinds over and re-hang them.






























This un-even joint had them stumped for a long time. They kept taking it out in the street, calling the boss, and shaving parts down so it would fit properly together.



In and out. In and out.


Then one of the gentlemen wanted to know which side I wanted my faucet on, and I chose the left.

He thought that was a bad idea, but I knew where I liked my washing bucket and where I liked to dry dishes, so he went along with it.

It's always interesting to me how a worker will ask you what you want, but then he wants to argue with you about your choice if it doesn't line up with his way of thinking.

But I digress.





March 2, 2021

And....then...they left.

So...Doug went out and bought a faucet and came back and hooked up water to our sink.

And THAT'S how you get a project done in a semi-developed country :)

On a side note, I found this friend polyurethaned into the counter...forever

No comments: