Thursday, April 19, 2018

Award Time in March

 Thankfully, with Kylie homeschooling, we only had two science experiments to worry about this term.

And it didn't rain this year, so it was much nicer having all the displays outside.  

Doug and I didn't spend as much time at the fair this year, because we had a meeting with our teammates, but I got a few pictures before I left.



As I walked up to Karis' table, her teacher (not pictured) came over to me and said, "Congratulations!  Karis won second place!"  

I turned to Karis, and I said, "Wow!  Congratulations!"
And she said, "What?"

She hadn't heard her teacher, and she hadn't heard the news.

Apparently, one of the men from the US Consulate really liked her project because it was something he himself had done study a on.


We found the experiment on-line, and I'm proud of the work she put into it.  We started one month before, and the plants died within two weeks because of over-watering, but after a re-plant, I'm pleased to say that "Harold" (Karis' name for "him") is still doing well in my window sill in the kitchen.



 The Jr.  High Math Quiz Bee was also in March.  Karis shocked herself (but not her parents) when she won first place.  She didn't even qualify last year, but this year, she is rocking math and science.

**the picture is fuzzy because I took it off the school's facebook page.



I also borrowed the picture below off of Twitter.  Parents here don't have as much involvement at the school, so when I run across pictures online from their life at school, I try to download them.

This term, for the Honor Roll ceremony, the school took the kids to the US Consulate during the school day rather than have a parents' award night.

Karis said it took over 30 minutes to get everyone through security with their passports going two-by-two.  She was in the last group left in the cold outside, so she was ready to get inside.




Here's a zoomed picture of Karis and Caleb in the back.

It's kind of like looking in a "Where's Waldo?" book :)

No comments: