Sunday, May 5, 2019

Big Keira Six

We had a birthday to celebrate soon after Kylie's knee injury.

Seven months ago, today.

 
I've never been much of a decorator for parties (or anything else for that matter), but Keira really wanted a "unicorn" birthday, so I took my oldest daughter's advice and went to Pinterest.

 Kylie made her a beautiful card and we also added to the decor a wooden, carved unicorn that Doug's father made for her last summer.


I went to the store and bought paper and stickers to create this.


And this.


Some online printables helped with this.

(In case you are wondering, the white typing paper behind all of these designs covers up unused air vents that are not too pretty to look at year-round.)

The banners were free printables, but I free-handed the unicorn heads and thought they turned out pretty good.































We had a pretty happy girl when she woke up on, and since it was a Friday, she didn't have school, which made it even more special!
































After a dinner out for chicken strips and french fries, we came home to a giant cookie her sisters made.








































Keira gets a little nervous around birthdays.  She doesn't like "getting older" for some reason.  Every year since she turned 4, she has said, "I'll let you know if I decide to turn ____."

She loved her 6th birthday, but shortly after, as if right on cue, she said, "Mom, is it okay if I don't turn 7?  I'll let you know if I change my mind."

No comments: