Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hiding God's word in our hearts


We have attended three AWANA clubs this year in Baton Rouge, Yoakum, and Katy. After having a sporadic fall with our attendance because of moves, we finished strong in the Spring. I was very proud of Kylie and Karis for all the work they put in memorizing scripture, and Caleb did great in my book for attending Puggles every week with a smile on his face.

As a matter of fact, Caleb has been learning some scripture here at home. One of my favorites in "Calebese" is Psalm 119:9, "How can a young man keep his one poor? By living according to your word."

It reminds me of two Easters ago when Karis was repeating a verse she had learned at AWANAs. It was "He is not here. He's in prison." She has it all down now, thankfully. I'm just thrilled they are trying so hard. God will use all this scripture one day when they learn how to trust in Him.

No comments: