Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Craziness leads to more craziness

Some of you asked about my final physical exam.

The first time I ran around the gym 19 times in 12 minutes. As you recall, this is not normal for me. I don't run.

Anyway, I was so worried about not being able to beat my time (although I really don't think anything happens to you if you don't). Doug would tell you I wasn't worried enough because I didn't really work out between fitness test #1 and fitness test #2. I walked a few miles with ladies in the evenings, but I didn't do it that often.

Fitness test #2 arrived on a cold night. I even think it was after "Lasagna night" in the cafeteria, but I can't be sure.

I tried to run with the same people who "pushed" me the first time, but they weren't going to run until after I needed to have my kids in bed.

I found a new group full of fast guys under 30 (except for Doug and L. :), and we took off. I pushed pretty hard to keep up, but they lapped me terribly. I only walked twice to catch my breath because I knew I had this crazy record of mine to beat. And because of some small miracle, I actually ran 21 laps this time.

Never mind the fact that I couldn't breath without wheezing for a good three hours - I did it!!

No comments: