Monday, October 19, 2009

Fitness Test

I had already tried to tell myself that if I walked during my fitness test, then in December, even if I ran a LITTLE, it would be an improvement. Oh well, so much for that.

I was put in a group that had a couple who must sprint marathons for a living! There was one marathoner in another group that hadn't even broken a sweat and was just finding his stride when the 12 minute timer went off. Yes, I know, 12 minutes isn't much to most of you, but I...don't...exercise.

The wife sprinter easily lapped me twice before I made it around the gym once (it was too wet and cold to do it outside), and I was running!

Yes, I ran.

I don't know what was wrong with me.

Maybe, it was a little competitive side of me, but I didn't think I had one.

So, crazy me ran the whole thing except for the two straight-aways I chose to walk and catch my breath.

Not smart.

Not smart.
I made it around 19 times in 12 minutes. Doug did something like 25 or 26. The sprinters did 31 or something.

The point is (and it's not a good point), I have to beat 19 in December. What was I thinking???

It's mandatory to work out 4 times a week here, so hopefully, I will have improved by then.

I'll let you know.

1 comment:

mary beth said...

go Kathryn, you can do it!! four days a wk! it's got to easier eventually than it is now!