Saturday, May 28, 2016

Kids' Creativity and Hard Work

If you are a parent, I'm sure you have experienced those moments where your kids really impressed you with something they did without any prompting or help from you.

I remember in Africa, thinking how cool it was that the kids wanted to play X-Men, and without any actual toys, they just made their own action figures out of paper.




























In one house we lived in while in America, the kids put together a "meal" for Doug and I out of leaves, berries, and sticks, and it was very beautiful.
 


And, granted, these aren't the only times I've been impressed, but I actually have a picture-record of these.

On Mother's Day, this year, the kids impressed me again.

Since we were limited on space of things to bring here, the kids were missing their "Clue" game, so they decided to make one for me for Mother's Day.

ALL of it!



Caleb even sacrificed some of his legos to re-create some people that looked like the suspects.




They used cardboard that came wrapped around the corners of their twin beds.


Karis spent days making all of these record sheets.




































 And the back of every card was covered with painters' tape.

I was blown away!

Happy Mother's Day to me!

And I commissioned the game by winning the first time we played.

No comments: