Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Acceptance Letter

Kylie's college acceptance letter came in November.

The trick is that the letter was mailed to my parents' house, and so my dad scanned it and forwarded it to us by email.

What I didn't know is that he also forwarded it to Kylie.

Nevertheless, Doug and I wanted to make a big deal out of it, so we sealed it in a beautifully scripted envelope (writing creds to Karis), and we told the kids we were going out for a special lunch (Keira was at school).

We took them to a fancy steak house, and they kept asking, "What's up?"  

(Note: There is actually a "gold" menu in this restaurant where you can get your steak, coffee, dessert, etc. covered in edible gold. Don't worry, we didn't try it, but a few of us did try some of their beef.  Good, but nothing compared to Doug's steaks or those I've had in America.)

Back to Kylie.  We gave her the letter, and of course she had seen it already, but we still wanted to make the day memorable for her.

Ta-da!!💗

Since everyone was looking so cute, when we got home, we decided to have a small, silly photo shoot.

It started small.


And got sillier and sillier.



I convinced Caleb to jump in,


and then he got silly.


After the "smolder," I knew it wasn't going to get any better than that, and I love it!

Kylie calls this one: Dreamy, Smolder, and "Fashun"


November 6, 2019

No comments: