Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Food, Family, Friends

In November, our language helper had to take a trip out of the country, so we had some unusually free mornings.  Doug and I took advantage of the situation and told each kid we would each take each of them out on a date for breakfast or lunch, wherever they wanted to go.  

We were almost successful.  Here we are 5 months down the road, and Karis still hasn't had her date with Doug.  Things in school kept coming up for Karis, but I know they will eventually have their date.

When I went with Kylie, she wanted a big Arab breakfast, so we ordered one that is designed for 2-4 persons :)



It was delicious and delightful!

November 11, 2019

Karis and I also went for a breakfast, albeit smaller.  And Caleb and I got hamburgers one day for lunch. Doug also had a breakfast with Kylie and a lunch with Caleb.  These extended times with the kids one-on-one were some of my favorite last fall!

Two days after my breakfast with Kylie, my friend invited me and another lady over for lunch. We always have good and fun conversations, and there are always so many things to try.


In her living room, I spied this picture on the shelf.  

It's a lovely thing to go into another person's home and find sweet pictures of your own kids being displayed in their living space.







































November 13, 2019

No comments: