Friday, November 13, 2009

16 more shots we're done with

Since Doug and I've been to Africa semi-recently, we've had Typhoid and Yellow Fever shots. So today, all we had to get was a TB skin test and our 2nd Rabies.

The kids had to get all 4. Their arms are a little sore, but they played hard this evening with another girl a year older than Kylie who is spending the night with us, and I think all the activity will help them tomorrow.

Doug is running a half marathon tomorrow...his first. I am so proud of him. He and another guy (the father of the girl who is spending the night) run every morning except Friday. Doug gets up at 5:45, and they run several miles. On Saturday, they do longer runs.

A bunch of guys from here will be running. The race starts at 7:30 Eastern time, and I was going to track him on-line at http://www.richmondmarathon.com/, but the "tracking" part of the website is blocked for all of us who live out here. So I'm trying to find a vehicle. If I get to go, I'll take a picture or two.






Ironic (and funny), isn't it?

No comments: