Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hepatitis B - not my friend

If getting the disease Hepatitis B feels anything like the shot, I'm staying as far away from that stuff as possible!

I haven't been in this much pain since I pulled my back out.

I could not get out of bed this morning until Doug brought me some medicine and I let it get in my system.

I was able to get around all day as we did "stuff," but I was always aware of the pain. I should have had MUCH more sympathy for my children when they had to get this last year! Bad mom!

Doug got Hep A and B, rabies, and a polio booster. He said the rabies hurt him, but he got up and ran 9 miles this morning with his running buddy. (They are training for a half marathon, so they run every morning at 5:45 except Friday and Sunday!) Maybe running helped move all that medicine around, even though he is still sore.

I had asked people to pray for the trauma of the shots for my kids, but next time, I'll be wiser and ask for the soreness and achy ness to not be so severe. All of my children cried today when someone touched their arm or picked them up or just grazed them, and two of them were up last night at different times needing Motrin.

We go at it again next Friday, but Doug is going to try to get his shots moved to Tuesday since his half marathon is next Saturday. It would stink if he had to run while battling the effects of the typhoid or yellow fever shot.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: