Monday, June 13, 2016

For Richard

The kids favorite day in language, by far, was the day we played Settlers of Catan.  Of course, who wouldn't love playing a game for an entire class period?

On Thursday, May 26th, our language helper gave us all the words we might need based on what I had written down the day before.  I wrote them down the best I could phonetically.


I'm not good like the rest of the members of my family at writing the letters yet. 

Here's Kylie writing her numbers (and spelling them out) on the refrigerator white board...just for fun.



Of course, since I wasn't actually playing the game when I wrote down the words we needed, so I missed a few phrases like, "I don't have any,"  "It's your turn,"  "points,"  "I'm winning,"  and most important:  "I have ______, but I'm not giving it to you."

Here we are setting up.



When we actually played the game, it was on the following Sunday, and that just happens to be the day that our friend Richard shares Truth in the front of a room full of people.  Richard loves Catan, and we have been fortunate enough to be invited for a few games at his house.

So, we thought about Richard (and Tim, Joyce, Valleen, Tre and others), and we played a rousing (yet slowish) game of Catan.  After a while, we didn't have to look at our sheets as much, but it was still a fun challenge, even if we did accidentally slip into English every now and then.

This one's for you, Richard.

No comments: