Saturday, June 18, 2016

"Rapunzel"

The girls' dance studio recently had their recital, themed "Rapunzel." 

Since the girls joined late in the year, they didn't dance, but they were asked to help with two days of rehearsals and back stage on the night of the performance, helping girls with makeup and dress and cues and props. 

They went a couple of mornings, took their lunch, and stayed all day.  They worked hard, but I think they had a good time.

I didn't know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised.  The tickets were kind of costly, but all the proceeds went to help refugees, which was nice.

First of all, the theater was pretty amazing.  I took this from the stage, after the performance.


And this was what Karis and I could see before the performance started.




























Kylie was even given a small part of bringing in a sign that said "The Snuggly Duckling."

Waiting in the wings.


Ta-da!


The show incorporated all of the studios classes:  kung fu, break dancing, Zumba, and ballet, and it flowed very nicely in the framework of the story.

There were no restrictions on camera/iphone usage like there are in America.

Look at this.

Iphones, Ipads, cameras, tripods everywhere!



I loved that they dressed the king and queen in the national dress of this country, like we wear to picnics.


Several countries were represented in the recital, which was presented in English!

Rapunzel is from a neighboring country.  Her family had to flee, and I'm so glad she is getting to use her gifts here.  She did a fabulous job!

And instead of the dance teacher getting all the flowers, the studio owner did.

People from the audience would walk down front and hand her bouquet after bouquet.

She got so many she started handing them to other people on stage.



 I have a ton more pictures, but I'm sure you get the gist. 

They did a great job!  I look forward to the girls being in "Lion King" next year!


No comments: