Saturday, December 25, 2010

Mikumi morning

Aren't you glad my safari lasted only two days? Because this will be my last post on the subject, and you won't have to hear about it again, but I stood in awe of my God the following morning, too.

We woke up at 5, so we could get an early start. The mountains that had shown so brightly the night before at sunset, were now a dismal gray.

With the sun rising, everywhere I looked, something was changing. Colors would be dull one moment and then bright the next.

Grass was brown in one area and green in another. It was picturesque.


“For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him.” - Ps 103:11





















“As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.” - Ps 18:30

“For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” - Ps 84:11






















“In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoices like a strong man to run its race. Its rising is from one end of heaven, and its circuit to the other end; and there is nothing hidden from its heat.” - Ps 19:4b-6




















“O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; My soul thirst for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land, where there is no water.” - Ps 63:1























This is my favorite of the morning. The three colors of nature make it so beautiful to me.
































Of course, the animals were amazing, too.
























I loved getting pictures where two or more types of animals were together.




























































The wildebeest are a bit skiddish.























Isn't it amazing that each one is so different, like a fingerprint?

























This was my favorite animal shot. From this angle, it looks like the giraffe is the actual trunk of this tree.
























The End



















The whole crew -


















Ready to go get some breakfast and hit the road back to Dar!

1 comment:

Laura said...

1. All of your pictures from the safari have made the opening Swahili (?) lines from the Lion King ring in my head ("Naw, saven ya...")! Gorgeous and amazing that you are all experiencing what we only see in movies!

2. Caleb must have grown a foot over the last few months. You should post an update on the kids' growth and education sometime. You know, in your spare time...

3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was our first 3D movie too!

Love you guys!