Sunday, March 18, 2018

Getting Tanks and Reading Digits

Our two year anniversary of arriving here was February 23rd.  On February 20th, we decided to make life a little easier on ourselves.

The house we rent only has one water tank, and it has started to leak.   And two days before our "decision," we noticed that since it had been raining for a few days, the city had not been sending water to our neighborhood. 

(Apparently, when it rains, they think you don't need water inside either ??)


It had been raining for a few days, and I didn't realize our tank wasn't getting replenished. 

When the electricity had been coming on in the afternoon, I had continued to do laundry, plus we had been taking showers, flushing toilets, washing dishes, etc.

It wasn't too long before we noticed we could only get water out of the hot tap, because there was some residual in the hot water heater.

For two days, we used minimal water.  Showers were put on hold, dishes stacked up, clothes piled up, and toilets were only flushed when necessary.

We've had this problem before, but usually it was in the summer, and usually the city "sends" water late at night to replenish tanks.  But to be honest, I really don't understand their system.

Anyway, Doug went with our language helper, and he bought two brand new tanks, larger than our original.

He hired a crane.

They lifted them to the roof, and...


Voila!



After I took these pictures, I started thinking how weird it was that I could easily read the numbers on the tanks.

Normally the numbers are in script.

For example, this license plate is number 21416.

 

This one is 550



367900




















417828


I really have to concentrate to read numbers (or anything here, for that matter), but I practice a lot while I'm driving, and I'm getting better.

No comments: