Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Overnight at the Lake

In the fall, Caleb and Doug joined some other people for another trip out to the lake that they had previously kayaked on.  This time, they decided to kayak, camp overnight, and spend the next day hiking.

I have yet to see this lake in person, but this sunset picture makes me want to go.


They texted me this picture after they got in their tent and bundled up for a cold night.


The next morning, they were ready to climb.




I love the pictures Doug took of these rock formations.




They even ran across some people (probably shepherds) that live in these hills.



They had a good, fun day and came back tired.

I think Caleb's favorite finds were a handful of expended bullets and two mortar shells that he found while climbing.  He brought them all home as treasures.

I couldn't believe how heavy the mortar shells were.  Caleb couldn't climb with them, so he put them some place safe on the mountain, and when he came back down, he picked them back up again.

Interesting souvenirs! 

No comments: