Monday, March 19, 2018

Grass!

I've mentioned before how excited we get about grass.

It's been wet lately, and I haven't taken Keira to the park in about two weeks.  She said the other day, "Mom, I'd really like to see some grass."

I felt bad, so I started thinking how I could work some "grass" into our schedule.

Every Thursday, I drop Kylie off for French tutoring at some apartments; however, I had never walked into the complex, but I could see fountains and grass from the road.

I told Keira we could go with Kylie to tutoring that day and play in the grass for a couple of hours while we waited for her. 

Well, seeing it was all we could do.  It was kind of a "don't walk on the grass" kind of area.

She had fun running around the fountains, though, and just being outside.

But that couldn't occupy us for two hours, so...

we explored the shops that are attached the apartments.

We went in the grocery store and walked by all the restaurants, and decided to stop inside a cute café.

I had heard about this place (because of their milkshakes), but I'd never been here before.

The guys here loved Keira and loved hearing her say some words in their language.  

When it was time to put the finishing touches on her milkshake, they came and got her and took her behind the bar.

When they saw me taking pictures from my table, they told me to come over and watch.


They helped her with the whipping cream because the nozzle was too hard.  

And then they let her stick two cookie-type desserts in the whip cream.


Then they lowered it down so she could put sprinkles on.


Sometimes (and only sometimes) milkshakes are better than grass.

And my coffee concoction wasn't so bad either.


After the milkshake and coffee, we stayed outside for a little while until it started raining.

Then, we called up and asked if we could wait in the apartment while Kylie finished with her tutor.

It was perfect!  Her tutor had a soft, sweet dog and a beautiful, white cat, both of which Keria loved playing with.

I, on the other hand, had a cup of tea and watched the thunder and lightning show off her balcony.


Hunting for grass turned out not to be such a bad adventure after all.

No comments: