Monday, March 12, 2018

Dust Storm

Since I mentioned the dust storm in the last post, I figured I would show you a few pictures.  We were in another neighborhood at another house when this blew in.  

The room we were sitting in, all of a sudden, had a yellow glow to it.  When we looked outside, this is what we saw.

Of course, it was raining as well, so it was more like "mud-fall" than "rainfall."





Everyone in town had a car that looked like this, because we all drive white cars.
(I'll show you in the next post).


After an hour or so, it slowly starting clearing off.


And the next day, the rain was even a lot cleaner.


I took this picture from far away because I was "spying" on this man as he sprayed his orange tree (behind the palm).  I've zoomed in, but I'm not sure you can see what he's doing.

He has his water hose, and he's trying to clean the leaves and fruit on his tree. 

I've noticed that people here like to clean "outside" a lot.  It's very important to them.

They hose down their front porches AND the street in front of their houses daily.
They wash their cars often.
Businesses wash the sidewalk in front of their store daily.

When it comes to their personal lives, Oh, how I wish they knew that their Father doesn't look at the outside.  He is concerned with the cleanliness of our heart. 

That is always a good reminder for me, too!

No comments: