Monday, April 19, 2010

Parts of my neighborhood

If you look out our front door, to our right, there is a Sudanese family that lives next to us. On the other side of them is a school. (See above). This was taken after hours, when some kids just stayed around to play ball. So imagine all the children that have already gone home, and then imagine them all in this two-room building trying to get an education. You do the math.

Next door to that primary school is this nursery school. It holds even more children, but I guess since they are smaller in size, they thought they could build a smaller building. They are blessed with some semblance of play equipment in the front, which is a first for me to see at a school in Africa, so that is nice.

Just thought I'd show you part of the street I live on.


No comments: