Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not just chickens

This is what our dog killed in our back yard last week.

A monitor lizard.

Thankfully, unlike the chickens, they apparently only like to kill the lizards, but not eat them.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the wrongful death of a lizard any more than most of you, and believe me, my dogs have killed their fair share of lizards. It's just that I'd rather see it all in one piece, if you know what I mean, rather than "spewed" across the yard.

"Lizard chase" is one of our dogs favorite games.

They love chasing them and hunting them down, but sadly after the "chase" has been won, they leave the carcass for the ants.

Stiff as a board.

By the time I got home to take a picture, it had been laid out for a while so the neighbor kids could keep looking at it and so Caleb could show me.

What a nice guy? Saving a lizard for me.

Karis is usually not afraid to touch anything - she's even picked up a dead coral snake before, but she was squeamish about touching this. I don't know why.

And apparently, Caleb is not the bravest one in the bunch.

No comments: