Thursday, March 3, 2016

Shopping...not for the faint of heart

Shopping has been interesting to say the least.  It is overwhelming for me to make so many decisions in such a short amount of time.  

But, thankfully, some decisions are easy.  

For example, some areas of furniture stores I don't even have to walk through.  Thankfully, I have one example to show you because Keira borrowed my phone to take pictures in a store one time, and she caught a furniture set on a photo.  This is a small example, but you get the idea.

When we finally get around to buying some propane for our stove, grocery store shopping looks like it's going to be fun.  I snapped some pictures today when I felt like no one was looking.

This is one of the bigger grocery stores, which I won't always visit, but it's nice to know it's here ;)


And look at how clever the store owners are...on our way up to the second floor of the grocery store, they put all kinds of chocolate between the two escalators.

This grocery store is actually in a mall.  

Last week, we ate in the food court.  Keira can't read, but guess where she picked to eat?
Even though she was born in Africa, I guess Texas is in her blood somewhere.

Also, in this mall, was the store where we bought our duvet covers and toilets.  

If you get our newsletter, I'm guessing you already saw this picture of Doug trying out the toilet and measuring it for size. 


One of our squatty potties has a really large hole, and we had to look high and low to find a toilet with a large enough base to cover it.


These are such glorious photos, I know, but maybe you can tell how much larger the "blue" one is
Now that you've lost your lunch, you can watch us enjoy ours. 

Doug bought these sandwiches off the street today, and we had a nice lunch in the midst of cleaning.

Tomorrow, we're moving all our bags into our new home, and then on Saturday, our beds will be delivered.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get you some more pictures soon.

                                                                                                                                                          

1 comment:

abbie williams said...

Kat!! I LOVE THESE!! I allllmost feel like I'm there with you except for the giving you a huge hug part! :/ excited to keep reading about y'all's journey!! love you!