Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Shopping Saga Continues

We finally found the perfect living room set! 


Don't you love our new chandelier?

Just kidding (the chandelier was $27,500)!

Keira told me she was the queen, and she wanted me to take her picture in this furniture store.  

Nice, huh?

Well, we went a little more classy for our bedrooms...particle board.

Yep, it's the standard here.  So when the delivery guys came to set up, this is how my bedroom started.


But it ended up looking like this.  Not bad.  We just can't ever move it or it will wobble apart.

On a side note, I know you can't tell, but let me tell you, those tiles are C.O.L.D!


Here are the other kids' wardrobes that were put together on Sunday.

Kylie's.


Caleb's.

And Karis'.  

Now they all have closets (except Keira).  She's going to share a room with Karis, but I'm a little nervous about her wondering around at night with no power (lights) down those marble stairs, so for now, her mattress is on the floor in our room, and we're still working on a solution for her clothes.

For now, they're in a suitcase on the floor.  *sigh*

Here's a look at my side of town.  I was crossing a foot bridge near our house and decided to snap a picture.  See that mosque in the back left?


It's really beautiful, but this is the only shot I've gotten of it so far.  Out a window, in a moving car last week.


Here's the road under the foot bridge facing the other direction.


Speaking of mosques...interesting cultural tidbit.  Everyone uses his mosque to tell others where he lives.  For example, a person would tell a taxi driver where he lived by naming his mosque, not his street address.

I know you are ready for more toilet stories, but I have to post about another shopping trip first.  If I haven't already said it, shopping in a new city, without knowing the language, is not for the faint of heart.

No comments: