Tuesday, September 13, 2016

As promised


You know how I always forget to take pictures when we go to all the "office" stores on the street we call "Stationary Street."


Well, I forgot again.


But we had visitors that came for a week, and when we got to the stores, my friend pulled out her camera, and I said, "Thank you for reminding me!"

She said, "Reminding you of what?"


I said, "I get in a fog when I come to these stores, and every time I have forgotten to take pictures, so thanks for reminding me."

There's just something about office supplies stacked floor to ceiling that keeps me from thinking straight.

For example, every time I walk in, I'm almost 100% sure that I don't have any notebooks and I didn't buy one the last time, so I always end up buying a new one.

You can never have too many notebooks, right?



So, there you go. This was the first store we went in and the only one I remembered to take pictures in.

THEN, we went to a book store we had heard about!  We were so excited!

They had a wide array of classics in ENGLISH.

We'll definitely return!

This young man was walking door to door, selling tea to store owners.  I just thought it was an interesting concept...


We walked on to the center of the city right before sundown.

This is the original city.  It was built on a hill with high walls.

In the last 90 years, the city has spread out in a circle around the mountain/city-center, and now there are over 2 million people here.


This is the busy bazaar around the city center on ground-level.


We decided to walk in and have some ice cream.


Then we walked with our ice cream to the fountains (which were not turned on), and we just watched people and visited.



However, it was a hot night, so we didn't stick around long


So, there you go.

As promised.

A picture of Stationary Street, plus a little extra.

No comments: