Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Behind the wall

Doug bought some pallets in July, and he's been busy crafting some needed furniture items for us.

I love this piece, and Doug found baskets to go on the bottom shelf that fit perfectly.  They hold our games and movies and keep things looking nice.

Didn't he do a great job?!


With all the hammering and sawing going on every evening on our porch, the men at the chicken dukan were very interested in what was going on behind the wall

They asked to peek in a couple of times, but when it was finally finished and inside, they moved quickly to come in our living room and see the finished project.  I'm guessing they don't get many opportunities for working with wood.

Granted, they have TV stands and shelves here, but they are pretty expensive considering they are made from particle board.

I've been collecting some books for the kids to read and I had our visitors bring some more from the States, so I am really excited about this shelf getting finished, too.



Something I saw on the other side of the wall was this neighborhood delivery of flour.  I think I mentioned before how families can pick up rations of flour and rice from the government.  I recently heard they were given many more food items before the country's government was overthrown.

It's crazy to think that they got better treatment, in some ways, when a dictator was in charge.

The world is a funny place.

No comments: