Thursday, August 24, 2017

The Secret in the Sauce

I like to make salsa.

I have a recipe from my mother that has stood the test of time, and we all love it.

However, occasionally, we run across one that has roasted tomatoes or a smoky flavor or something else that just stands out and Doug says, "Ooh.  This is good."

A friend of mine had some on her table for us, and this very scenario happened, so I asked about her recipe.  

It seemed the only ingredient different than mine was "cumin."

So I decided to try it with cumin...


I label my jars on top so I can see them easily as they sit in my drawer.



But, I guess my eyes aren't so good, because this is what I grabbed.

That says "CINN" for cinnamon.


Y'all!  I did not discover this until I had finished the batch and wondered why it tasted so "off."

When everyone tasted it, they all said, "It's okay.  It's different.  Maybe we should just go back to the original way."

I didn't say a word.  

I STILL haven't said a word...until now.

We have a lot of jars left to eat and I need my people on board!

However, three people in my family read this blog, so this is confession time.  

Sorry guys.  Forgive me.  I'm old.



No comments: