Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Crunchy Breakfast

This morning, we were eating hard-boiled eggs for breakfast, and to my left I heard a loud crunching noise. It struck me as odd, since hard-boiled eggs are about the quietest thing you can eat for breakfast, so I turned to look.

Yep, my son was chewing on egg shells, and smiling the whole time he was doing it because he liked the sound.

I said, “Please spit those out into the bowl.”

He said, “Why?”

I said, “Because they came out of a chicken’s rear end.”

Come to think of it, is there any better reason than that?

Can egg shells be good for you if they are appropriately cleaned?

THAT, my friend, is a question for my dad, the veterinarian.

1 comment:

Bran said...

awesome story! gotta love boys.

One time Jackson was eating a boiled peanut and ate the hull and all and still asked for more!

But an egg shell! Hilarious and I love your true response.

The maternity ward story is awesome. Makes my deciding between hospitals not so difficult. ;)