Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Packages

We returned from 40/40 with lots of surprises waiting!











Aimee Staples and Stefanie Kellum provided us with a box full. Coloring books, movies, food, and peanut butter. Thank you for remembering the picture-hanging kit and the twisty ties. Ahh, luxuries. What a welcome home gift. Thanks, guys!



Carol Boening outdid herself by sending us each a solar flashlight. Aren't they cool. My kids are sleeping with them under their pillows so they are easy to find. The lanterns they were using at night were hard to find, but these flashlights even come with a glow-in-the-dark strip on them to identify them in the dark.

She also sent zip lock bags and candy galore. It will take my kids a full year to eat all that candy, but believe me, they started right away.

Aunt Cortney sent everyone calendars and also a "Little House on the Praire" book. Can you believe they don't sell pocket calendars, or wall calendars anywhere in Arua? But to be fair, I have seen a picture of the latest political candidate with the twelve months chronicled below the picture. I just wasn't feeling it.

More birthday for Karis. My mom sent her a cooking set and some new flip flops. The dishes will come in handy for all the "dirt/leaf" cooking my kids do.

My mom also sent glow-in-the-dark sticks, shirts for everyone, and apparently, Doug thinks the Dove chocolates are for him...

Thank you, Justin and Lauren. My kids LOVED the mini-junk cereals. There was quite a race to line up which ones they were going to eat the next morning. Yeah for taco packets and salad dressing packets, drink mixes and cocoa, and praise Jesus especially for Louisiana hot sauce!

Flamin' Hot Cheetos and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I could just stop there. Kelley Adcox knew JUST what Doug and I LOVE! But on top of all that, we got some school supplies, knick knacks for the kids and towels.

What a blessing you all are to me. Prayers said on our behalf is my greatest blessing, but, next to that, I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Whenever parts of "home" arrive, it makes for such an exciting day!

We love you all!

No comments: