Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Brackenhurst (Jan 11-14)

Brakenhurst is a beautiful Baptist conference center on the outskirts of Nairobi up on a hill.













This is where the homeschool conference is and where I’m typing all these blogs. The internet here costs money, so today was the first day I was willing to pay the Kenya shillings to use it.

The conference breakout sessions are mostly things I have heard, but meeting people has been good. There are people here from Kenya, Uganda, Sudan, Rwanda, and probably other places I haven’t learned yet. I’m listening carefully for clues on how people homeschool in Africa. At the elementary school forum today it was quite interesting to hear how people out in the bush of Sudan or Kenya do school.

Two nights ago I watched and listened to 6 ladies play Canasta. I haven’t played in so long, but it was fun to re-learn, and even more fun to hear about their lives in Africa.

After the conference, we are spending 2 nights in Nairobi, and then we will make the drive back to Kampala in one day, and spend two nights there before leaving for our home in Arua.

This is our room at Brackenhurst. Caleb's bed that you can't see is to the left of this picture.

No comments: