Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stool Sample, #1 (January 31, 2010)

Unpleasant topic. I know. But this is my life right now.

My prayer partners know what you may not.

Karis is sick now, too.

And I told my prayer warriors that Caleb was getting better, but today, he went backwards. More vomitting. More diarrhea.

I was told I needed to collect a stool sample to take to the clinic so “they” could identify what was wrong.

Our children were told to tell us when they had to “go,” so we could “catch” the sample.

They kept forgetting.

In desperation, at the end of the day, I spooned some off of Caleb because we had missed all of our chances.

I called a friend to tell her I would need a ride to the clinic.

So sorry. The sample has to be fresh, and they are not open today.

Clean. Scrub. Disinfect my spoon, and wait for tomorrow.

Please pray for both of them. They are getting more and more dehydrated.

**Because of the sickness around here and the fact that things like diarrhea in the bed occur often (and washing machine is not always available), my newsletter will be a little postponed this month, but I'm working on it.

No comments: