Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rafiki


I forgot to mention that in Kenya, the kids had a chance to visit a home where there was a pet monkey named Rafiki.

He was purchased on a beach in Mombasa, Kenya, and he is only three months old.

He is too small to go outside because Kites (hawks) could get him, so he is being cared for inside.

He doesn’t have a cage. He is free to roam around. And the sweet lady he lives with makes him diapers out of her husband’s old boxers.



Pretty cute, huh?

Here, he's giving Kylie "five."



I have been having difficulty with the internet, but apparently, my front porch in the morning works pretty well. The only way I have found to post pictures is to do them very small and at low resolution. I'm working on solutions, but I haven't figured it all out yet.

1 comment:

Faith My Eyes said...

That's AWESOME!! They have monkeys here, I know, but I just haven't seen many yet. In the mountains there are these huge babboons, but they're really mean.